Thursday, May 3, 2012

Our First Virginia Easter


Our first major holiday in our new home was Easter.  I'm not going to lie, I was kind of worried about it.  Not worried worried, but I wondered would the kids ask if we were going to see the grandparents or when was Nanny going to come and dye eggs (something we've always done with my parents).  Our house is still mostly in boxes, I have no dining room table and we know no one!  Luckily our amazing neighbors came to the rescue and have adopted us into their family!  They have a bunch of people over, Easter Egg Hunt, good food - reminds me of how my family does it.  They have grand kids that were there to play with Brian and Ami, and their daughter, Katie, who has become my friend, has a little boy that just loved Brian and Ami.  Easter Morning we made our way to New York Avenue Presbyterian Church, Abraham Lincoln's church and one of my personal hero's, Peter Marshall, was pastor there, when he was Chaplain to the Senate.  All in all it was a wonderful day.  We are hoping to go back to take the tour and look around a little bit more.
 










 
Phillp is six months old now and eating rice cereal, which is just so crazy!  I wish he would stop it already.  Before I know it he'll be crawling.  He's already rolling over all the time and trying to push up on his knees.







No comments:

Post a Comment